CULTURE & VALUES – YOUR FOUNDATION
When hiring, most companies focus on determining if the job applicant is a good fit for the position. Much effort is put into finding out if the person has the right skills and experience. Unfortunately, many companies have a harder time determining if the applicant will be a good fit with the organization–which includes fit with the culture, values, mission, and team dynamics. Occupational psychologists and HR organizational development experts call this “person-organization fit” (or P-O fit).
- Cultural fit is the likelihood that someone will reflect and/or be able to adapt to the core beliefs, attitudes, and behaviors that make up your organization.
- Poor culture fit leads to turnover, and can cost an organization between 50-60% of the person’s annual salary, according to the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM).
- Employees who fit well with their organization, coworkers, and supervisor have greater job satisfaction, are more likely to remain with their organization, and show superior job performance (Harvard Business Review).
- Culture and values CAN be measured.
HOW TALENTCLICK CAN HELP
- TalentClick’s Work Values & Attitude (WVA) is a world-class diagnostic assessment that measures how an individual matches an organization to help you make better hiring decisions.
- Safety Culture encompasses an organization’s attitudes, beliefs, perceptions, policies and values related to safety. We help you measure behaviors and commitment to safety at all levels in the organization.
“TalentClick gave us actionable insights …Helped us scientifically understand and see our culture, so we could take proactive control in building that culture. We believe our teams’ personalities are the building blocks of culture.”
– VP HR –